We’re so glad you found Decorah Music Boosters! Did you know that by participating in the fine arts, it tells potential colleges, employers, and people “in the know” that the individual is often enthusiastic about trying new things, paying attention to detail, approaching problems as opportunities, and is generally a good human? In a world of instant satisfaction, isn’t it refreshing to know that music and other fine arts can help your student stand out from the pack? Welcome aboard!
Decorah Music Boosters supports music activities and curriculum in the Decorah Community Schools, as well as scholarships and opportunities for music students. Board volunteers meet monthly to connect with music directors and teachers to help provide top-notch music programming opportunities for students. We welcome financial support from community members, family, friends, and business to help fund programming that brings music to life in Decorah and everywhere our students and teachers venture with their music.
1. To enhance and maintain an enthusiastic interest in the Music Programs of the Decorah Community Schools.
2. To lend support to the entire music program of the Decorah Community Schools.
3. To support with the faculty within the music programs, school administration and the school board.
4. To build and maintain an organization of parents, guardians and community supporters that will help advocate for music education in the Decorah Community Schools.
5. To support our student musicians through the recognition of academic and artistic achievement through special awards and scholarships.